The partnership between OhioHealth and Emergency Medical Services organizations is critical to the efficiency and effectiveness of the continuum of care. Through continual quality improvement, open communications, education and feedback, together we advance clinical excellence.
OhioHealth EMS will provide patient follow-up information to authorized EMS providers for quality assurance or continuum of care purposes.
Who may request patient follow-up information?
The following individuals may request patient follow-up information for the purposes of process improvement:
- EMS provider involved in the patient’s care
- EMS officer/supervisor
- EMS system medical director
How do I request patient follow-up information?
For patients transported to any OhioHealth hospital or emergency department, you may:
- Place a completed EMS Feedback Form into the OhioHealth EMS Coordinator’s secured mailbox in the Emergency Department, where available; or
- Fax a completed EMS Feedback Form directly to the OhioHealth EMS Coordinator; or
- Send the information from an EMS Feedback Form via secure email to
- firstname.lastname@example.org .
For patients transported to an OhioHealth hospital or emergency department inside Franklin County, you may also:
For a list of Hospital EMS Coordinators with contact information, visit EMS Contacts by Location.
IMPORTANT: We strongly recommend patient follow-up information requests be submitted through a verified, secure method. The OhioHealth Secure Email Message Center may be used to submit requests. There is no fee for use of this system.
How do I receive the patient follow-up information?
If a fire, EMS, government or predesignated verifiable email address is available, patient follow-up information may be sent to the EMS system’s process improvement coordinator via our Secure Email Message Center.